Eggs play a significant role in our fight against hunger! One hen provides 300+ fresh and nutritious eggs for our community. These eggs provide a locally produced high-quality source of protein that is essential for human growth and development for our children. They also supplement our feeding program that delivers 100,000 hand-packed meals every month to our community through the Hunger Initiative.
$25 provides one hen to the Egg Project!
We currently have 6,000+ hens and need to replace the flocks with new pullets periodically. Your gift of $25 will support the long-term sustainability of Project Canaan’s Egg Project.
How it started
Project Canaan’s egg farm is thriving, thanks to the support of the Egg Farmers of Canada and International Egg Foundation! Through the generous investment of our egg farmer friends, we saw a barren patch of land transformed into two layer barns. We received our first flock of 2,500 hens in January 2016 and grew to 5,000 laying hens.
For cheque donations: Make cheques payable to Heart for Africa (Canada). Please indicate on the memo line that your gift is for the Egg Project. You can mail your donation directly to us: 69 Lowell Ave, St.Catharines, ON, L2R 2C9.
Click on the links below to access some of the latest project news.
- Egg Farmer of Canada: Seven years of cracking hunger in Eswatini
- World Poultry: Making a difference with eggs
- The Poultry Site: Egg Farm Project Gets First Flock in Swaziland
- The Toronto Star: Canadian egg farmers help nourish children of Swaziland
- CTV Ottawa: Amazing People
- Canadian Poultry Magazine: Helping Africans farm eggs
- Radio Canada International: Canadian charity teams up with egg farmers to care for African orphans
- Global News: Saskatchewan Egg Producers aid nutrition program in Africa
- Fact sheet: The humble egg is making a difference in Swaziland
- Infographic: Help us feed a hungry world with nutritious egg
- Infographic: Celebrating 5 years of #Cracking Hunger